- Since 2003, Bright Prospect has grown from serving 12 low-income students in 2003 to 2,200 students in 2017
- 99% of our high school students matriculate to college
- 86% of our college students graduate with a Bachelor’s degree
- 25% of our college graduates continue on for an advanced degree
Bright Prospect students have graduated from:
- 14 of the 15 highest-ranked universities in the nation (among them Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, MIT and Dartmouth), and
- 21 of the top 25 liberal arts colleges (among them Amherst, Swarthmore, Bowdoin, Wellesley, Pomona and Williams).
- Other students attend or have graduated from a University of California or California State University campus, while a smaller proportion start at a community college and then transfer to a UC or Cal State. See Our Colleges and Universities.
- Our alumni are achieving success in a great variety of industries. See Our Alumni page.
- The Bright Prospect program is open to all students in the eight high schools we serve. Wherever our students attend college, Bright Prospect supports them through to graduation.
We accomplish all of this for an annual cost of close to $1,000 per student per year. This cost-effective model is scalable and we are replicating it in Northern California and Utah.